Academic Summer School General Information
Please read the following carefully before you register. If further assistance is needed, please call (732) 545-5600.
• In the past few years, many classes have closed due to over enrollment. We therefore encourage you to register as soon as possible to avoid being turned away.
• If you are taking only one 60 hour class, please indicate on your registration form whether you prefer the 7:45 a.m. class or the 10:30 a.m. class. Every effort will be made to fulfill your request. If this cannot be done, you will receive a phone call notifying you of the time the class will meet.
• If your child has an IEP at their current school, please contact us BEFORE you register for class so that we may discuss accommodations that we are able to provide.
• While we try to honor requests for specific teachers or peer groupings before Summer School begins, requests will not be accepted after Friday, June 23. Once classes begin, we will not switch students into different sections for any reason.
• Mail in registration will be accepted if postmarked by Thursday, June 15. Payment in full is required for enrollment to be accepted. All tuitions include a $200 non-refundable portion (see refund policy below).
• After Thursday, June 15, registration must be made in person. To make sure someone will be available to accept your registration, “Official” walk-in registration will be held between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on June 20, 21, 22. At these times, we will have several people who can help you. Registration will be accepted after June 22, but you should call ahead to make sure someone will be present to accept your registration. We cannot accept cash or credit cards.
• All students have a 15 minute break between 10:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Students are encouraged to bring food to eat during this time. Snack foods and drinks will be sold on campus beginning June 26 through July 28. Students are not permitted to leave campus at this time.
• We do not recommend purchasing textbooks online, as our booklist may be subject to change without advanced notice. Rutgers Prep School will not be responsible for the purchase of an incorrect textbook.
All classes begin Monday, June 26
Most classes end Friday, July 28 except for those listed below:
- Pre-Calculus and Algebra 2 classes end Tuesday, August 1
- Science classes end Thursday, August 3
*There will be NO SCHOOL on Tuesday, July 4
• Mid session reports will be carried home with the student on Thursday, July 13. Final reports will be mailed Wednesday, August 9.
• Report cards will not be mailed to schools unless the guidance counselor/principal permission form is completely filled out.
Mail-In Registration Instructions
Checks are payable to:
Rutgers Preparatory School
Summer School Office, Gail Moskowitz
1345 Easton Avenue
Somerset, NJ 08873
Mail-in registrations must be post-marked by June 15. After that date, registration must be done in person at our school.
Refunds and Cancellations
Our refund policy is as follows:
If student withdraws on or before June 1, All but $200 will be refunded
If student withdraws on or before June 15, 50% of tuition will be refunded
If student withdraws after June 15, 0% of tuition will be refunded